Terms & Conditions
The term “The Car Kit Company” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website, whose registered office is 1A Campbell St, Artarmon, NSW 2064 Australia. Our company registration number is 106 254 906. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without The Car Kit Company’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
- All orders for products placed by you either online or by other means are subject to acceptance by us, and we may at our discretion accept or reject orders, or advise you of our inability to process your order for any reason. We may send you an acknowledgement of receipt of an order, by e-mail or other medium (including telephone, fax or in person). Acknowledgement by e-mail of receipt of your order is usually automatically generated and does not constitute an acceptance of the order. You should ensure that the information you submit in your order is accurate and complete. Fulfilment of your order is dependent and conditional upon availability. .
- Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled .
- Credit cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard and American Express. There is no surcharge on Mastercard or Visa. American Express cards attract an administration fee of 3%. We reserve the right to decline credit card payments (and/or request an alternative method of payment) at our discretion. .
- Your credit card will not be debited until the day we ship your goods or the installation is complete. If the card payment is declined by your issuer due to lack of funds available, we cannot hold goods against your order if there are other customers for the same goods who have available funds. .
- We also accept payment by bank transfer (EFT) into our Australian bank account, or by approved cheque - your order will not be processed unless the bank transfer reference or cheque includes your order reference number and is cleared to our account. Note that a bank transfer or cheque order is not confirmed as accepted by us until payment has been received and the cheque has cleared. .
- Title to all goods supplied by us will not pass to the customer until payment in full has been received.
- Australian GST is payable on packing/delivery charges.
- Whilst we make every effort to deliver goods in the timeframe we specify, we cannot guarantee delivery on that day or accept liability for deliveries made outside this timeframe. We cannot accept liability for out of pocket expenses or other costs incurred due to failed or delayed deliveries.
- All items are subject to stock availability.
- Where an incorrect address has been given with the order, or the courier is unable to deliver due to unavailability of anybody to sign for the delivery (they will leave an advice card in this case), or if you ask for the item to be redirected after we dispatch it, we will need to charge for any extra delivery costs incurred. We cannot be responsible if an item goes missing due to changes in delivery instructions after the item has been shipped, or if you have given us an incorrect address and the item has been delivered and accepted at that incorrect address.
- If your goods arrive faulty or damaged, we will at our discretion either provide a full refund or dispatch new goods as soon as possible after the faulty goods have been returned and confirmed as faulty.
- Please carefully check specification and compatibility with your requirements prior to ordering. We cannot be held liable for products that are not compatible with your vehicle or other acccessories. .
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure the prices on our website are as accurate as possible, we reserve the right to change a price for ordered goods in exceptional or uncontrollable circumstances. If a price for an ordered item is corrected due to exceptional or uncontrollable circumstances, customers will be informed of the change before payment is processed and offered the opportunity to cancel the order. .
- Because of the dynamic nature of technology and markets (e.g. exchange rate variations and other variables beyond our control), prices, versions, product details and availability are subject to change on a continual basis without prior notice. .
- If an order is placed for an item with an erroneous price, and the erroneous price is less than the cost price of the item, we reserve the right to offer the opportunity for the customer to instead either receive the best-possible discount or to cancel the order. .
- Descriptions and specifications of products shown on our website are taken directly from information supplied by manufacturers. Products are supplied as named and described. Where a product description is acompanied by an illustration of the packaging or product itself, that illustration is for illustrative purposes only and may not look absolutely identical to the product to be supplied. .
- We shall not be liable to you or any related party, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any business or personal loss including loss of profits (whether direct or indirect), data, revenue, goodwill, convenience, equipment/device/machinery/vehicle functionality, travel arrangements, third party claims or for any other incidental or consequential loss, that you may suffer as a result of the purchase, use or ordering of, goods or services from us. Any other liability shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. We do not exclude our liability for death or personal injury. .
- If you have a credit account with us payment is due on the date stipulated on your invoice and we may charge interest for late payment calculated daily at 4% above Commonwealth Bank base rate both before and after judgment. Collection costs if incurred are also chargeable. .
- Credit accounts to businesses are not offered by us as a matter of course and are subject to application. Government customers can place official purchase orders on a credit account basis; purchase orders are subject to verification. .
- We reserve the right to decline any order for any reason. .
- These terms are governed by the laws of Australia and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of Australia. .
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions. .
- We may assign or transfer any of our rights or sub contract any of our obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. .
- You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with our specific permission in writing. .
- These terms and conditions govern the entire trading relationship between you and ourselves and will remain in force for the duration of our trading relationship. .
- All intellectual property rights (including use of trade marks) shall be solely owned by us. You are permitted only to use material on this website as expressly authorised by us or our licensors. .
- Any unauthorised use of material on this site is strictly prohibited. .
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous Terms and Conditions, representations, undertakings and agreements (updated Sept 2008). .
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and any such changes will be communicated on our website. .
- Errors and omissions must be excepted.
- Our advertised "Nationwide Mobile Installation Service" may not be available in all parts of Australia.
- Acceptance by the customer of the quote or work authorisation will constitute acceptance by the customer of these terms and conditions. In acceptance of the quote or work Authorisation, the customer warrants that it has not relied on any representation by The Car Kit Company and its employees and agents other than as supplied in the quote or work authorisation.
- When requesting a quote or estimate for goods and services, we will endeavour to provide this quote to the highest level of accuracy. .
- Acceptance of the quote - By instructing us to commence with a sale or work order you are agreeing to accept the quoted price. This may be verbally over the phone or in writing instructing us to commence with a purchase order number (if applicable) and a deposit (if requested). Receipt of your customer confirmation email shall also be considered acceptance of the quoted price. .
- Quoted prices are valid for thirty (30) days only, unless an extension has been authorised.
- Quotations, work orders and customer confirmation forms will display the trading terms offered for that particular job. Full and final payment is expected in the due time from date of invoice. We reserve the right to charge interest for late payment calculated daily at 4% above Commonwealth Bank base rate both before and after judgment. Collection costs (if incurred) are also chargeable. .
- Additional work - Any work carried out, wether experimentally or otherwise, at a customer's request, outside of the stipulated job scope, will be charged to the customer at our discretion.
- The Goods/Services shall be as described on any invoices, quotation, work authorisation, or any other forms which are provided by The Car Kit Co (which shall mean 1800 Carkit Pty Limited T/A Car Kit Company) to the Client.
Price and Payment
- The Price shall be as indicated on invoices provided by The Car Kit Co to the Client in respect of the Goods/Services supplied.
- Time for payment for the Goods/Services shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice, quotation, or any other order forms. If no time is stated then payment will be due seven (7) days following the date of the invoice.
- GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Price except when they are expressly included in the Price.
Default & Consequences of Default
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and a half percent (2.5%) per calendar month (and at The Car Kit Co’s sole discretion such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate) after as well as before any judgment.
- If the Client owes The Car Kit Co any money the Client shall indemnify The Car Kit Co from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by The Car Kit Co in recovering the debt (including but not limited to internal administration fees, legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis, The Car Kit Co’s collection agency costs, and bank dishonour fees)
- Return / Exchange of Non-Faulty Goods
With A Receipt -
- We can provide a refund
- All returned goods must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Receipts must be valid and intact
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Cheques and debit cards will be refunded as cash and credit card refunds must be processed back onto the original credit card
Note: The original credit card must be present to gain a refund.
Without A Receipt -
- We can provide an exchange for ‘like’ goods.
- All goods for exchange must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Positive identification will be required.
Gift vouchers are strictly non-refundable.
Trade Account Returns / Exchanges
If you are an Account customer and presenting goods for return or exchange, a copy of the original invoice must be presented along with the goods to arrange an Account Credit.
A re-stocking / administration fee of $25.00 + shipping / freight costs may be charged.
Return / Exchange of Faulty Goods
If the goods are being returned because they fail to comply with legal or manufacturer’s warranties, our Team Members will be able to advise you in regard to availability of a refund, exchange, repair agents or replacement of like product. .
Warranty on Labour
We offer a Lifetime Warranty on the installation labour, provided that - - A receipt showing proof of purchase is presented - The product has not been worked on, removed or replaced by a 3rd party. - The vehicle has not changed ownership. - The vehicle has not had any other accessories fitted or work done on it that may have interfered with the product or installation .
Warranty & software
Software upgrades and advancements / changes in technology cannot be covered under warranty. .
In an event where you cancel a job or request to re-schedule, the following conditions will apply.
Cancel / reschedule more than 24 hours before the job.
No cancellation fee will be charged. You may be liable for any expenses incured in the ordering / shipping or other process involved in obtaining your products.
Deposits paid are non-refundable.
Cancel / reschedule less than 24 hours before the job.
A cancellation fee may be charged at our discretion. This fee will be equal to the value of the services booked in for the job. You may also be liable for any expenses incured in the ordering / shipping or other process involved in obtaining your products.
Deposits paid are non-refundable
Privacy Act 1993
- The Client authorises The Car Kit Co or The Car Kit Co’s agent to:
(a) access, collect, retain and use any information about the Client;
(i) (including any overdue fines balance information held by the Ministry of Justice) for the purpose of assessing the Client’s creditworthiness; or
(ii) for the purpose of marketing products and services to the Client.
(b) disclose information about the Client, whether collected by Car Kit Co from the Client directly or obtained by The Car Kit Co from any other source, to any other credit provider or any credit reporting agency for the purposes of providing or obtaining a credit reference, debt collection or notifying a default by the Client.
- Where the Client is an individual the authorities under clause 4.1 are authorities or consents for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993.
- The Client shall have the right to request The Car Kit Co for a copy of the information about the Client retained by The Car Kit Co and the right to request The Car Kit Co to correct any incorrect information about the Client held by The Car Kit Co.
The above policies are part of our commitment to high quality service. They do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The Car Kit Company
1A Campbell St,
NSW 2064 Australia
Tel: 02 9436 1121